Experiential Learning Search Plan
October 20, 2019
This assignment includes 3 parts and should be submitted in 1 document:
Brainstorm a list of 10 companies related to your program and career interests that are in a geographical location of interest to you.
Identify at least 5 position titles of interest that are realistic based on where you are in your career at this time.
Create a 3 month plan that lists what action steps you plan to complete during your experiential learning search.
It is recommended that you break down your plan into monthly deliverables in the form of a checklist. Be specific with each action step!
Example: Conduct 3 informational interviews by contacting 1 instructor, 1 professional on LinkedIn, and 1 Northeastern alum. Create list of 5-10 questions to ask before meeting and send follow-up thank you within 48 hours.
Hint: In the Lessons and Resources folder, review the handout Key Resources to Manage Your Job Search and the link to the Job Search Process.
- Data Science Intern in Amazon (Seattle)
- Business Analyst in Amazon (Seattle)
- Market Intelligence Analyst in Amazon (Seattle)
- Data Scientist in Microsoft (Seattle)
- Data Scientist in Airbnb (Seattle)
- Data Science Analyst in Adobe (Seattle)
- Data Scientist, Analyst in Facebook (Seattle)
- Operation Research Analyst in Alaska Airline (Seattle)
- Data Analyst, applied analytics in Starbucks (Seattle)
- Data Analyst in P&G (Seattle)
- Customer Data Analyst in Nestle (Seattle)
- Data Analyst in CBRE (Seattle)
- Data Scientist
- Business Analyst
- Market Intelligence Analyst
- Operation Research Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Customer Data Analyst
Amazon Data Scientist Intern
We are looking for motivated Data Scientists with excellent leadership skills, and the ability to develop, automate, and run analytical models of our systems. You will have strong modeling skills and is comfortable owning their own data and working from concept through to execution. This role will also build tools and support structures needed to analyze data, dive deep into data to resolve root cause of systems errors & changes, and present findings to business partners to drive improvements.
Applicants have a demonstrated ability to manage medium-scale modeling projects, identify requirements and build methodology and tools that are statistically grounded. You will have experience collaborating across organizational boundaries.
- Enrolled in Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or related science field
- Experience with statistical tools (e.g. R) and analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis.
- Demonstrate knowledge of SQL through written scripts for analysis and reporting (SQL, MySQL)
- Experience using one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++, C#, Ruby)
- Experience with big data: processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data
Enrolled in Ph.D.
- Experience in machine-learning methodologies (e.g. supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning etc.)
- Experience with clustered data processing (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Map-reduce, Hive)
- Experience in communicating technically, at a level appropriate for the audience
I use yellow to highlight the skills I handled but not proficient, and use red to highlight the skills or the experience urgent.
- Make an appointment with my career and academic coach after Oct 23, 2020, to activate my permission to search for the co-op opportunities on NUcareers.
- Approximate 1 day.
- Deep learning Statistics. Recording my learning note on https://zacks.one/2019/07/10/ALY6010-Probability-Theory-and-Introductory-Statistics/.
- Approximate 1 month.
- Learn the skills I am not proficient.
- Approximate 2 months.
I must record the progress on my blog in order to push me towards.